According to the Kentucky Derby’s official website, nearly 120,000 mint juleps will be served at Churchill Downs Racetrack this weekend, during the 145th Kentucky Derby!
If you can’t make it to the Derby this weekend, though, don’t worry. We’ve adapted the Derby’s official mint julep recipe so you can make your own juleps, using your favorite nut-infused bourbon whiskey!
Read on for instructions to make a Wicked Harvest Mint Julep – and enjoy the Derby in style from the comfort of your own home.
- 3 oz. Wicked Harvest Pistachio Bourbon Whiskey
- .75 oz. Simple Syrup
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 3 mint sprigs for garnish
- Pack julep cup with crushed ice.
- In a mixing glass, combine Wicked Harvest, syrup, and mint leaves.
- Lightly bruise mint leaves with a muddler; strain contents into julep cup.
- Garnish with three generous sprigs of mint.
- Before drinking, agitate mint sprigs to release flavor. Then, insert your straw into the ice near the mint, and enjoy!